Home for Life™ Essentials:
- At least one minimum 11’ x 14’ bedroom that can be accessed without climbing stairs* and has a minimum 60” turning circle on one side of the bed. The turning circle will be connected to the doorway via a minimum 42” wide path of travel.
* accessible by chair lift or elevator if required
- A turning circle that will not impede the user’s ability to close the door. A pocket door or outward swinging door may be required in smaller rooms.
- A minimum 60” turning circle in front of dressers and cabinets
- An opening, or option for an opening, to a three-piece bathroom (meeting the requirements in Feature #8). This enables the homeowner to install a ceiling mounted track lift between the bed and the bathing area if/when required.